Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Breaking News--Poseidon Changes Shells!

[This post composed by T]

Our new crab Poseidon changed shells! He moved into this pretty green one you see in the picture. Notice it's a little big. Some crabs like big shells. In fact, it gives him a good hiding place.

Maybe this shell gives him more room to carry more shell water. Shell water is water that crabs carry in their shells. They carry shell water in case they need to wet their body, or maybe get a drink, too.

I think Poseidon's new shell is appropriate for him because the shell is the color of the sea, and Poseidon is the Greek God of the sea. I'm glad he changed shells.

See you later,
T and The Crabs

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful new home! You know, if I were a hermit crab I would get an extra big shell too, and a little solar heater, and take a nice swim in the cold months! Kidding...

    Can't wait to hear more crabby adventures!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete