Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Update

I am sorry I haven't given an update in so long!

We have been busy!

The quick rundown:

This morning we knocked out the table work, and then had friends over for several hours of play and doll clothes making. As always, it was lovely for the girls to share time with their friends, for R to bask in the loving attention of a mother whose toddlers have grown into school aged kids, and for me to indulge in "adult" topics of conversation.

This afternoon we picked up C's friend, and the older girls were off to bookclub to discuss City of Ember, while T and her friend V, and R and I played in an adjacent park.

After bookclub, we dropped off the spare kids at their respective homes, came home for dinner, and then headed up to the batting cage where I whacked the heck out of four tokens' worth of pitches in preparation for our first softball game of the season coming up on Sunday.

In the category of ongoing and upcoming: basketball is going well. C's last game of the season is this Saturday. It will be a big day. She has a Girl Scout program (a ropes course) that morning. T is planning on spending the morning with another little sister who is also too young for the ropes action. R and I will hit the 50% off sale at Goodwill to resupply my stash of dress shirts for my latest crafty obsession, the recycled dress:



In the category of recent accomplishments: Last week we had a virus that took us down for 8 full days. R's fever hit 105.1. T blacked out. We saw the doctor 3 times in one week. We have recovered, but the living room rug saw a lot of action, and sadly, it still stinks.

Our other bit of sad news is that we just lost two of our rats due to age related ailments. Our remaining rat has moved from her basement rat palace into smaller quarters in our dining room. She misses her ratty sisters, but I think she's glad for the increase in social interaction she gets in the dining room.

We have some good stuff coming up next week: on Wednesday, a poetry reading we have organized, and on Saturday another Girl Scout event for C (two weeks in a row!) and a Girl Scout event for me and T at the Museum Center.

It's not that we don't do stuff--it's more that I fail to document it!

No comments:

Post a Comment