Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Worth the Wait

 
 
D did a fantastic job on the trim! The detail pictures I took didn't do it justice.

I don't love having the bed under the window, but the traffic flow works in a way I like, so I guess it will stay. The box that is supposed to cover the radiator is still in the laundry room, awaiting it's new paint and new screen.  Decorative screens are a pain to find--they don't sell them at Home Depot or Lowe's.  I have it sourced, I just need to go get it. I have a special dislike for the lamp on the nightstand. I'm thinking I can make it better with a shade, but the age of the cord makes me a little uncomfortable, so maybe we'll just replace the whole thing. We also need a reading light and a (v.small) table on the other side of the bed. Since we're looking for a very specific size to fit between the bed and the closet door, maybe D will build one.
 
Not pictured is the closet on the same wall as the door. D just finished installing shelves and rods, but we haven't moved anything in yet. I'm debating between re-installing the door and hanging a curtain. The curtain would be space saving, and space is at a premium, I'm just not sure that I would like it.

I have a couple of collage frames waiting for me to fill them with pictures. I also have some lovely prints from Nikki McClure waiting to be framed and hung. We have a huge mirror from a different dresser that we think will work above the low dresser.

I bought a rug at Tuesday Morning, but I estimated the size incorrectly. I love it, but it's too small. It looks great in the (short and wide) hall, so we're keeping it. I'll try again sometime soon.

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! So much different than the last time when I saw it with all the sewing projects and boxes of materials in it. ;-)

    Of course, some of those boxes are now in MY house . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color! That's similar to what I'm eventually hoping to do with our main living area.

    What a nice way to turn toward spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll post pictures of my new crafty area sometime soon--sadly it has not seen any use. To go along with the home overhaul, we have made massive strides in decluttering 11 years of accumulated crap from our basement & appointing the new found space to purposes that fits our current needs.

    Funny, I am looking at our new bedroom as a turn toward spring--neat how we finished and moved so near Imbolc. I had intended to finish and move closer to Samhain, but it was just not to be.

    I covet a modern green leaf print comforter cover from Ikea--maybe I'll splurge when the tax refund comes.

    ReplyDelete