Sunday, October 31, 2010

A (Good) Day in the Life

I really like this comic:


D's mom sent it to us. I really love getting newspaper clippings in the mail. It's so much more tangible and satisfying than "here, check this link" (though that's great too!)

This morning C had photography class. It's a series with a local photographer. This session the focus is on food photography. C is the only 11 year old I know who follows food blogs....It's an awesome class for her.

They work at a community center in Over the Rhine. I picked her up from photography this morning, and then drove her and T to the campus where C is taking a Shakespeare class and T is taking a Mock Trial class.

I'd packed a lunch, so we ate it in the cafeteria with the other families in the program, and then the girls went off to class.

R and I went to a nearby playground.

The girls loved their classes, but by the time I picked them up, they were done. They were ready to come home and decompress.

T spun a bunch of wool into yarn.  It's beautiful; even and tight. 

C had just borrowed a math book from a friend at the Saturday program, so when we arrived home, she sat down with the book, pencil and paper, and worked through the first several chapters. She got up three hours later, and then only because I had asked her to clear the table for dinner.

(It was The Life of Fred: Decimals & Percents.)

R took a nap.

I basked in the wonderfulness of stuff working out in spite of a ridiculous schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment