My bandwith problem is not solved...but it has been ameliorated by the arrival of our most recent coffee co-op shipment!
For many years (I would be pressed to guess...maybe 6 or 7?) we have been buying coffee from Equal Exchange. We have a wholesale account, and a small group of friends who pitch in to make a bulk order and enjoy the savings with us.
Love Buzz is my favorite variety. It rocks my mornings. I haven't had Love Buzz in months. We always order a 5lb bag, but since it's my favorite, I always brew it up first. The bag doesn't last nearly long enough, and though Gumietendo is nice, and I can appreciate the Organic Espresso Silk, there is just nothing like the promise of a steaming mug of Love Buzz to get me out of bed and into my day.
I started today at 6am, logging onto the bakery website to get first dibs on our Girl Scout cookie booths for this cookie season. 9:15 found me at the orthodontist's office. By 11:00 T and I were back at home, where she and C listened to a history lecture while I put lunch together and frantically prepared my materials for our Girl Scout meeting. At 1:00 we (the girls and I) were at the library; a meeting for T and me, and unfettered library time for C. We were back home at 3:00. We grabbed some snacks, did some more work, and at 5:30 headed up to the YMCA for taekwondo (for T,) step cardio (for me,) kids' room (for R,) spinning (for D.) C stayed at home and goofed off on the internet. We returned home at 7:30, ate dinner (leftover lasagne, thanks for the recipe, Pioneer Woman, it was yummy!) we cleaned up, read some books, the kids went to bed, and I finished up the days' business.
I give thanks to the sun, the moon, the soil, the rain, the plants, the pollinators, the farmers, the fair trade businessmen, the roasters, the UPS man who brings me the beans, the man who earns the money for our family, and the friends who make the co-op possible. I am grateful, so grateful! for the joyous potion that made getting started today a possibility!
I can't wait to have it again tomorrow!
How funny! We buy Equal Exchange coffee at church, and I just tried Love Buzz for the first time this week. PB and I were both saying that it tastes closer to coffeehouse coffee than anything else we've had.
ReplyDelete