Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Shawnee Lookout

Our longtime family friend F is staying with us this week while his mom works. There is a gap between his school year and his summer sitter's availability. I'm glad to fill it. The kids and I really enjoy his company.

Today we visited Shawnee Lookout, a county park and historical site that overlooks the confluence of the Miami and Ohio Rivers. We hiked up to and through the earthen fort (built by the Adena Indians,) and out to the end of the ridge, where we feasted on pbj sandwiches, apple slices and brownies (courtesy of F's mom.)


(click for full size)

The view is phenomenal. I love getting that kind of perspective. I think the kids were more interested in the snails along the trail (there were about a bajillion.)

C took her new camera. She has taken nearly 400 pictures with it in just over a week. She says she's saving for a laptop so that she can work with her graphic art projects whenever she wants. I do agree that she will need her own computer soon, but I'm thinking an external hard drive might be a more pressing need!

So, we had a good day. Tomorrow the kids have plans for a major backyard water fight. I will enjoy staying home. We haven't planned yet for Thur or Fri. We'll probably go swimming at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment