Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pox: Still Cooped Up

The pox is back for round 2. R's case is mild, but C is really taking a beating.  Last night she couldn't sleep, so I dragged the futon mattress into the living room and she had a midnight Miyazaki fest--back to back Nausicaa and Spirited Away  (R and I kept her company, but we slept.)  I expect this is the peak of misery for her; tomorrow should be much better.

Yesterday afternoon I stopped by my favorite art supply store and picked up a couple of packs of origami paper.  I needed something quick and simple.  Origami paper was an excellent choice.  T has spent most of the day  folding paper.  We now have an entire menagerie of paper animals, and a rainbow of paper dresses.  Unfortunately, we only have a few sheets of paper left!  Hopefully I'll be able to get back up there tomorrow after D comes home from work.  Here's a neat site with animated instructions, should you find yourself cooped up with nothing to do:  Origami Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment